Darkness to Daylight is Challenge DV’s community education, awareness and fundraising event for domestic and family violence prevention.
Why is this event so special?
In Australia on average 110 people die from domestic and family violence every year. Darkness to Daylight is a 110km run where each kilometre represents one of those lives lost. We don’t mind if you run or walk, if you complete 2km or 110km. We just ask that you run with a purpose, that you join us in standing up to domestic and family violence.
When you enter Darkness to Daylight, you are making a stand, helping to drive community awareness and intervention, and raising crucial funds to help prevent domestic and family violence.
Together we can end domestic and family violence
In 2022, we raised close to $420,000 through Darkness to Daylight. This investment enables Challenge DV to deliver the following initiatives over the next 12 months:
- build more partnerships between businesses and frontline services, such as women’s refuges, particularly in regional and rural areas
- develop new domestic and family violence prevention programs to meet the needs of our diverse communities and workplaces
- provide domestic and family violence awareness training to small businesses and charities
- enable professional development for First Nations refuge workers
- fund secretariat support for critical peak domestic and family violence bodies.
Find out how we make an impact together here.